View Single Post

Thread: LGBTAitP - Part 21: BLACKJACK!

1. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitP - Part 21: BLACKJACK!

Quote Originally Posted by pffh View Post
    How big are the bathrooms where you live that they can have corners? Around here the average mens bathroom has 1-2 stalls +3-4 urinals and the womens has 3-4 stalls.
    Well I did say it would only work for big bathrooms. Lots of places I know have bathrooms with multiple aisles.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    I think Kender makes some excellent points. I wish I could add something intelligent, but I'm just gonna follow noparlpf's example here
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post

Everyone: Hugs and kisses!
    Yay, hugs and kisses!

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    I have that a lot; bit I feel ignored quite a bit often.

Well, it's more that I was feeling really down and could've used some hugs and sympathy but it sorta seemed everyone but Arachu and noparlf ignored me. :<

It still sends a very strong message of othering I think; it's still saying; everyone who doesn't fit into the system we have, you folks should go somewhere else.
    I agree! Also, hope you're not feeling ignored any more. *hugs* I think sometimes posts just get carried downstream really fast when there's a few conversations happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    DISCLAIMER: THE FOLLOWING IS ALL BASED ON PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, SOME CONVERSATIONS WITH OTHERS AND SPECULATIONS. ALL GENERALISATIONS ARE ACKNOWLEDGED AS ALMOST CERTAINLY NOT HOLDING TRUE FOR ALL.

Honestly, if there's any change in this regard I think it'll probably be on the side of men. Because women are already terrified of pooping within earshot of others. Oh, the agony of the stalemate, where each person in adjacent cubicles is holding it in waiting for the other to finish and leave so that they might let 'er rip in private! I don't think the sex of the other people in there will make a difference, women can't poop any quieter regardless, no matter how they try. Hell, if anything, having men in there being even noisier* might actually help women to let go of this neurosis so many of us have about our bodily functions.

*I may well be falling into a stereotype trap there, though...
    I generally agree. Based on my small sample size, I think male-bodied types don't actually make more noises than female-bodied types (maybe bigger people make louder ones, so there's a statistical sex thing). I do think male-gendered types are less suppressed than female-gendered types when it comes to making body sounds/functions. "Girls don't fart", "Don't do that!", "That's rude", "Girls don't sweat", "We do that in private" VS "Ha ha farting!", "You've worked up a great sweat!". That's a general trend, not to say that individual girls are always encouraged to repress their bodies and boys are never given out to about it. It's in media and stuff as well; it's funny when Homer makes toilet sounds. Marge isn't even shown going to the toilet at all. This is part of the broader "Men are allowed do what they like but are shown as oafish, women are prim and neat but not allowed be human". It's possible that unisex toilets might help by allowing the shocking revelation that women make toilet sounds too!

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    I agree with everything you just said.
    Shocker!
    Last edited by KenderWizard; 2012-03-01 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Addition.

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me