Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
I've also liked Applejack's episodes, for the most part; I just wish more of them were about her in the sense that Rarity's episodes are about Rarity or Episode 19 was about Fluttershy. By which I mean, it seems like every time AJ has an episode, she's sort of like Jaws or Freddy Kreuger. She drives the action, there wouldn't be an episode without her, and she gets a couple of good moments, but the episodes have been, for the most part, about how other ponies see her.
Applejack is established, more or less self-confident, and likes to solve problems by herself. Her major negative seems to be that she's too stubborn and sometimes takes on too much work, but it's really hard to do more than one episode on those traits and they handled that way back with Applebuck Season. If I had to come up with an episode on AJ, I would suggest having her take up a new hobby and expanding her horizons a little bit beyond the farm. Like, having her fall in love with classical music or something.

I also like the idea of talking about what I've liked as well, to balance out the conversation. So, first, I think season 2 has done a great job with storytelling within episodes. The Discord 2-parter, "Read it and Weep," and especially "Sweet and Elite" have wonderful narratives and were a joy to watch. I've said this before, but I especially love "Sweet and Elite" because it totally subverted the usual storytelling for a "liar" type of character and thoughtfully explained the advantages of being popular while reminding people never to forget where they come from.

I also think they've done an excellent job with the animation and physical gags. Everything from Twilight teleporting into the beach ball, to the sudden shift to horror with Pinkie Pie, to the Darkwing Duck shoutout has been great. And if you ever wanted to teach someone to animate in Flash, this show is practically a clinic for how to make it look good.