Quote Originally Posted by Tass View Post
The Draketooths were not blood relatives of the ABD just possibly relatives of relatives.
We don't really know that. I'd be rather surprised if the ABD and the draketooth's were not blood relatives.
What a blood relative actually is, doesn't seem completely unambigious when comparing each forum users perception of said concept.
When someone says blood relative, then I think it means that they share the same "blood". So as I see it, the draketooth's could easily be blood relatives.

The fact that it killed Penelope too, who were not a Draketooth but only related through her child gives it a step more. Killing hers and Tarquins hypothetical child would be yet another.
No, I disagree. Said child would be blood related with the draketooth offspring by sharing the same blood (through penelope). Please notice how V doesn't mention how Elan, or even Tarquin, would have been effected. Because they were not blood related to neither any ABD or to Penelope.

V's line about the innocents peoples families also being dead down to the last cousin further corroborates this.
I understand it as it means that every family member who shares the same blood as said child is brought down. I imagine a lot of spouses to be left alive.

had Tarquin and Penelope had a child then Tarquin, Elan, Nale and their mother would also be dead
Yet V didn't mention this at all.