Quote Originally Posted by Zerter View Post
A day in the life of a slave

Finally, this day is over... can't they pull faster? My claw.... Don't think of the pain, don't think of the pain, don't think of the pain. Pain is just weakness leaving the body. Pain leads to fear. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to the dark sight. And I am scared of the dark. Aha, finally, we're up! Yes, I'll fall in line... dinner, at last... WHAT!?! Just one finger today? At least 20 Kobolds dropped to their death. O well, I guess I'll suck on a rock again for some valuable nutritions, assuming I'm lucky enough to find one...

Time for bed. I gotta hurry up, Qauetzol and Yiff`ar are the warmest... yes! Got my spot. Nice and warm inbetween my best buddies. And auch, what is that stabbing feeling in my back? Ow. I bet it's a rock! I don't want to get up though, if someone takes my spot I'll have to sleep at the edges. I guess I'll just sleep on the rock tonight. If I sleep at all, I'm so afraid this claw gets infected...

What did my mother used to say when I hallucinated about her after they had not given me anything to eat or drink for a week?

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Ow man. I really thought I had a mom for a moment, that was so great. Almost worth having three of my teeth rot away. You know what, I do really need those nutritions, maybe I can sneakily get the rock, I just have to get up and grab it real fast... that should be no prob- FUDGENUTTINGS. Aw man, I hate that new kid. If my claw was not rotting away I would slice his troat. I guess I sleep alone tonight... But at least you'll be there to keep me company mister rock, yes you will, yes you will!
When he turns to sleep, another kobold is sitting in his spot, a kobold with pale brown skin and a strange gleam in his eye, a kobold who appears to be quite... healthy. With a smirk, the kobold says to him, "Do you want to get out of here?"