View Single Post

Thread: OOTS #844 - The Discussion Thread

1. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #844 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lampert View Post
    Nope, all continuing magical effects ended when the splice did. There is no magic related to Familicide that stops the resurection because all magic from familicide is gone, kaput. That's part of the described deal and mechanism for how the splice worked.
    There are 3 problems i see with resurecting the draketooths

The first, and most obvious, is they seem to be a lawful evil organization. Chaotic stupid illusionists dont exist, as illusion requires an ordered mind. Lawful does not mean rational, and a wizard's low wisdom wouldnt exactly serve them well for judging allies or tollerating outsiders.

2nd: Familicide is an epic spell, and the actual caster never died, just splintered out of V. Rich hasnt made a detailed description of the spell, specifically for the reason so that we dont know how bad it is. The spell might never have ended, while i suspect that Familicide is a permanent spell.

3rd: Thor isnt on speaking terms with the other hierarchies, i remember at one point in the comic, Celestial tiger chews him out for giving durkon some spells. Simply put, although Durkon has a few spells he can spontaineously cast, he isnt allowed full divine might, because its only what Thor can slip our dehydrated dwarf.

As for predictions:

V for Varsuvius. V is amnesiatic and has subbed his levels of Wizard for Ranger. He Dualwields throwing Sabers. oh, and hes evil. Blackwing is still his companion.
    Last edited by toapat; 2012-03-10 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Familicide