View Single Post

Thread: OOTS #844 - The Discussion Thread

1. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #844 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gusion View Post
    Technically they didn't say it, but it was heavily implied.

1st: In 633 they specifically said they have the power to graft souls that have been damned to the lower planes. This only happens after death. There is no implication that the IFCC can rip a soul out of a living person prior to being damned.

2nd: V certainly thinks it will be after his/her death and says as much in 634 - "after my eventual death." V could argue that this was a condition on his/her agreement and therefore it is legally bounding.
    do the IFCC have the authority to rip out Vs soul though? although they never did specifically say they get Vs soul after he dies do they have the authority to take his soul while hes still alive without actually saying it? isnt "after i die my soul is yours" generally the standard?

2nd: Familicide is an epic spell, and the actual caster never died, just splintered out of V, the spell might never have ended, while i suspect that Familicide is a permanent spell.
    incorrect, Haerta didnt cast the spell she jsut supplied the knowledge it was all V

The first, and most obvious, is they seem to be a lawful evil organization. Chaotic stupid illusionists dont exist, as illusion requires an ordered mind. Lawful does not mean rational, and a wizard's low wisdom wouldnt exactly serve them well for judging allies or tollerating outsiders.
    alignment has nothing to dow tih state of mind, haleys a good example shes chaotic but still knows how to think things through, and then what would that make the Chaotic or true neutral V?

3rd: Thor isnt on speaking terms with the other hierarchies, i remember at one point in the comic, Celestial tiger chews him out for giving durkon some spells. Simply put, although Durkon has a few spells he can spontaineously cast, he isnt allowed full divine might, because its only what Thor can slip our dehydrated dwarf.

Durkon still gets all of his spells that his level deserves the gods arent gonna deny him that but he cant make any specific calls to Thor for extra spells or like what he pulled with weather control
    Last edited by Forikroder; 2012-03-10 at 09:36 PM.