View Single Post

Thread: OOTS #844 - The Discussion Thread

1. - Top - End - #263
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #844 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gusion View Post
    Technically they didn't say it, but it was heavily implied.
    You don't quite get the concept of a contract with fiends, do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by toapat View Post
    There are 3 problems i see with resurecting the draketooths

The first, and most obvious, is they seem to be a lawful evil organization.
    Huh? What the hell.

Chaotic stupid illusionists dont exist, as illusion requires an ordered mind.
    Oddly enough, the Player's Handbook not only fails to mention an alignment restriction for any wizard specialization, I believe it says illusionists tend toward Chaotic alignment.
    The spell might never have ended, while i suspect that Familicide is a permanent spell.
    Except that that's totally not how the Soul Splice works, even if there was any reason at all to presume that the spell prevented resurrection--which there isn't.
    3rd: Thor isnt on speaking terms with the other hierarchies, i remember at one point in the comic, Celestial tiger chews him out for giving durkon some spells. Simply put, although Durkon has a few spells he can spontaineously cast, he isnt allowed full divine might, because its only what Thor can slip our dehydrated dwarf.
    This is goofy. Tiger wouldn't let Thor break the rules to help Durkon in ways that went beyond the aid a deity normally gives a cleric when Durkon was actively fighting in Azure City. From that, you're extrapolating that all the other pantheons hate Thor and that Durkon's cleric ability is permanently crippled.
    Last edited by Kish; 2012-03-10 at 09:57 PM.