Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
You truly and legitimately believe that it would be worth mentioning if that was all that was meant?

It has to mean at least something for it to appear in the same sense and general placement with that much regularity.
Yeah, because, shockingly, even though being assigned the wrong gender at birth is bad for trans people (or anyone!), their parents aren't doing it out of spite! It's not like a baby is born with a penis and the doctor sweeps into the room and says "Good news, evil parents! I, evil doctor, have determined that this child is, in fact, a girl. But luckily, she has a penis! So we can raise her as a boy to traumatise her! I mean ... him!" and then they all laugh evilly. So it's a big deal, for a trans person, that they grew up being treated as the wrong gender, but it's an innocent thing. Yes, we should be raising children in a gender diverse way, and allowing them to explore their own gender identity and expression. But we can't know in advance of them telling us who they are, so people pick one. See the s**t those parents put up with to raise a kid gender neutral? That's really hard to do in our society. So yes. It means something. It's important. It's part of why it's so hard to be trans. But it's not an evil conspiracy. No one needs to be blamed for it, but it does need to be talked about, if that's what someone needs.

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
I like it!

And was I the only one to get it immediately? Wait, Keveak seems to have also. It's pretty clearly a Q with a fancy rainbow triangle-tail; the triangle is because the group is called a trinity.
Actually, it's called "Trinity LGBT" because the college is Trinity College. But triangles are a symbol for gay people, aren't they? But I think the triangle in this case is just a coincidence. It's hard to avoid simple shapes in a logo!