View Single Post

Thread: The Fresh Prince's Daily Draw Challenge

1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Fresh Prince's Daily Draw Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    I give every day it's new post. It's worked out beautifully; my thread's going to be on page 45-50 by the time I reach Day 365 which'll let me gracefully start a new thread for Year 2.
    Well, if the moderators actually thought of it as a rules violation they would have called someone on it by now I guess. I'm stupid.

Generally one foot is flat on the ground as the other comes forwards for a slow walk. The faster you're moving the less your feet touch the ground.
    I'll doodle around on it.

The Lackadaisy was the one I was going to suggest. Otherwise my recommendation is to look at cartoons. Cartoon figures have very expressive faces, and a well designed character can tell you a lot about their personality from their default expression and pose.
    Mhm.

Your characters all look extremely generic, which is a shame...
    Try as I might, I can't see how this is the fault of my style rather than choice of motive and presentation. Any method can be used to depict something generic, after all.

...because I know you're capable of excellent design - that Metal Mask dragon is a good example.
    That was hurtful. How exactly is that picture positive proof of my abilities, when all I did was copy and merge two effective designs from better artists?

That's also why I'm pressing you so hard to try different styles and genres of art; you've got good technical skills but you're using them on a rather unappealing style.
    And I'm not going to ignore this completely, honest.

Check Trazoi's drawthread for all my links to and discussion of character design.
    Hadn't finished that one yet, will do. Thanks.

In addition, come up with a few visually distinct characters and start drawing them and variations of them. My Alternate Reality sequence of Jaydens was extremely educational; what changes, what stays the same?
    Infact I probably would draw such pictures if I had any sort of OC's of my own that weren't just halfbaked and incomplete. We'll see, I might surprise you.

You owe it to yourself to broaden your horizons.
    Pardon, my former statement should really have read "this is stupid of me". And agreed.

EDIT: Do this. Right now. No questions.
    No.

Oh No.

I have very real reason not to trust in my ability to draw the same distinct and recognizable face twice as is, let alone twenty times. I would shed blood over that thing were I stupid enough to try. Where you see a suitable first encounter I'm seeing the final boss.

And you throw this on me on a Tuesday no less.

And speaking of Tuesdays, some silly garbage.

Spoiler
    Show

The blank faces aren't there to spite you, I am studying facial structure and composition in general here too.
    Last edited by PrinceAquilaDei; 2012-03-27 at 06:45 PM.