Suddenly, insomnia ensues...

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
hence how a good portion of it will follow the prince. PbP really helps hone my third person limited. "adventures" means "group of events I have yet to outline that will prevent me just being a crappy writer who skips the five years in which character's develop and be able to put in inside jokes.

I still don't know about the sex scene(I want to, but it would severely reduce my audience) I think I'll make it tame. Still happening during the text, but not really adressing the sex or being explicit. But I do feel that for variation and character style, first person limited would best fit the prince. I also have some practice with that. If I do put up links, I'll have to make a page online somewhere. And I can't just put up a word document on here. Also it'll take me a good amount of time to finish, as I am a busy highschool student, but I should be able to write a few chapters over spring break, but I'm gonna be in Florida, with family. So I'm gonna miss you guys Thursday evening through the Sunday more than a week later.
*Hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
I'm always in favour of switching narratives, but I might be biased by my love of the Bartimaeus Trilogy.

The story seems quite fun so far, though. Perhaps you could have switching narratives once they are separated? Would build suspense when the reader knows of the prince's capture before the minstrel and would allow you to show both characters without too long intervals! :3

But again, heavily biased. ^_^'
The catbirdkobold brings up an interesting point...

I never really noticed, since I haven't played a game with character creation for a long time, but that is indeed quite unfortunate. :SadButNotSadEmoticonSad:

It becomes even weirder when you are allowed to chose from creatures that are far from human or even alien, but still have the same two sexes and the same sexual characteristics. O_o

Although, that might explain why I played a Tauren in World of Warcraft. Big bovine people are difficult to gender.
It could also explain why I make so many Elves in Bioware games...

Though, speaking of Bioware, something did occur to me about Mass Effect - considering how realistically-reptilian Turians are, is it possible to tell whether a given one that Shepard meets is male or female? Seeing as the males don't have frills or anything, it's plausible that females would be indistinguishable to humans. :hmm...:

...Wait, Bioware Elves aren't androgynous. Which game am I thinkin' of... I usually make Khajiit in Elder Scrolls... *trails off indistinctly*