Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
Good to know.
To provide you with an example, there was a user named AThousandWords who would make posts consisting of a single image of text which they had handwritten (via tablet, I would guess). The images were wonderful and well crafted. But, they were reported and discussed by the moderators and a decision was made that they would, from that point forth, be counted under the excessive formatting rule.

The issue wasn't that some text was being replaced with the image or that the images were there on a special occasion, but that the entire body of every post was being replaced. This made it harder to read (as it was handwritten), much larger to download (images vs. straight text), more difficult to moderate (guess :P), very difficult to quote sections (...), and not very friendly for those with a disability. It was the right decision, but I was honestly very sad to see them go.

I don't know if it was made clear to AThousandWords, but the occasional use of such images is still welcome on special occasions.