View Single Post

Thread: D&D Snippets II: The Snippetting

1. - Top - End - #60
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: D&D Snippets II: The Snippetting

Quote Originally Posted by lordhenry4000 View Post
    Why? Is there something special about this one, or is he just generally willing to give people a chance?
    The latter.

I'm assuming "treated" is an extra word here.
    Whoops!

I can see how their numbers would have been drastically reduced! How are there any left at all?!
    That's a mystery Shen hasn't figured out yet.

A couple things about this. First, this sentence doesn't really flow with the rest of the fight; I think it could be reworked to mesh better or even taken out entirely. Also a nitpick: the part I quoted above is a garden-path sentence. It sounds as though "steel armor" is supposed to be an example of the kinds of blows it's enchanted to turn away, until you get to the end and realize that interpretation doesn't make sense.
    Spruced it up a bit. See if you can make heads or tails of it now.

Uh... oh my. I wasn't expecting that. Again I have to ask, how does this culture still exist???
    If Shen finds out, I'll be sure and post it.

This was a fun read; you do a very good job setting the scene and the fight is just as quick and brutal as it should be. I'd like to see more of these guys!
    Thanks!

Also, I was amused by your story, especially toward the end.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2012-04-10 at 01:22 PM.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!