1. - Top - End - #503
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: World of Warcraft XIII: Even Aspects Get Nerfed

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    We're already two healing it. We're two healing most everything, except spine and madness, though we have two healed madness once. I assume we'll want 3 healers for h yorsahj?
    Honestly, I would vote for 2 tanking (with 2 healers) as it is more controllable than 3 healing (with 1 tank). Hell if your DPS is superb just go 2 tank and 3 heal. :P

I digress, 2 tanking allows your tank to drop the stacks midway which is a huge boon when it comes to purple (and your tank can contribute some DPS at least). There is little reason to have 3 healers because the healing is primarily limited by the purple debuff for 80% of the fight, not to mention coordinating two healers is much easier than coordinating three. The only difficult portion is when you get Red+Green+Yellow+Black, and that's when it hurts the most, but a couple raid cooldowns (your tanks should have 4pc already by now), BL/Heroism, and some personal cooldowns should be more than enough to deal with the damage. Having good DPS is essential to making sure adds, Mana Voids, and the boss itself dies in a timely manner.

Unless, of course, you have a good Blood DK tank. In which case you might as well 1 tank 2 heal because they are just that good for that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    How the guys in the Fatboss raid guide managed to 2 heal that on heroic before the nerfs, I have no clue.
    That reminds me ... there was this exploit (was eventually fixed) that allowed the damage during Black phase to be significantly reduced, simply by leaving a certain Eye up for the remainder of the fight. I don't really know if they used this glitch, but some guilds have indeed used it to their advantage (you can dig up old forum posts about this on MMO-Champion Raid & Dungeons forums).
    Last edited by Expf; 2012-04-16 at 09:30 PM.