View Single Post

Thread: LGBTAitP Part 23: Et tu, ~Bianca?

1. - Top - End - #420
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitP Part 23: Et tu, ~Bianca?

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    It has to be three-dimensional somehow. I'm picturing two parallel scales running from zero to ten. One measures attraction to male-bodied people, and the other attraction to female-bodied people. One fills in the two bars up to wherever they want. No answer means asexual, "pure" androphilic would be 10 on the male-bodied scale, "pure" gynophilic would be 10 on the female-bodied scale, and "pure" bisexual would be 10 on both. Somebody who's bi but tends to prefer men might put a 10 on the male-bodied scale and a 6 on the female-bodied scale. That's about as complex as anything needs to be. Thoughts? (I'm not trying to exclude pansexuals or any other groups; I just threw this thought together in a few seconds and don't know how to fit them in or if they even need to be a separate scale.)
    (Italics my own)

That's...not really that complex, but I do like it better than the linear scale. There's really nothing you can do to include everybody, but at least if a scale is going to be oversimplified, it makes more sense to do it that way. Perhaps a perpendicular grid could work too, although some might consider that ugly and space-wasting.

Quote Originally Posted by pffh View Post
    Or:
    Question X-1
    Are you sexual?
    1) Yes (go to question X)
    2) No (go to question Y)

Question X
    How sexually attracted are you to males on a scale of 1 to 5 where 1 is not attracted to at all and 5 is very attracted to?:

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5

Question X+1

How sexually attracted are you to females on a scale of 1 to 5 where 1 is not attracted to at all and 5 is very attracted to?:

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5

Yay for having a mandatory class on how to design surveys.
    But where does that leave demisexuals and pansexuals?
    Last edited by Laser Frog; 2012-04-20 at 12:13 PM.