Thanks for the replies, everyone! I really appreciate it. Glad you like the idea.

The Snark:

I agree that intelligence and charisma penalties could make for sub-par rogues. I think that I'll take away the variation in favored class and make fighter the favored class for all compositions of Fleshwrought.

Also, the idea is that these were made of the body parts of plague victims, so the disease would not be alive in their bodies anymore. Also, as you said, disease-related abilities would make them a bit more powerful than we want. We're striving to make them a player race, which means a low LA.

Wih:

Now that you mention it, they do seem a bit strong for LA +1 (I'm not so good at determining level adjustments). What if I brought it down to Electricity Resistance 15? Would that bring it back into LA +1 territory? They do have some pretty hefty penalties, including net ability score penalties and only 1/2 healing from normal Cure spells (part of the living construct subtype). How do you think removing the natural armor would affect the level adjustment?

I'm really trying to keep these guys available to low-level PC's without losing the flavor of watered-down flesh golems. Would making the above changes be enough to keep it LA +1, or is there something else I should do?

Thanks again for the comments. Keep 'em coming! Also, we can always use help over in the Community World Building Forum. There are some pretty cool ideas being discussed, and anyone who wants to chip in is welcome.

Mephibosheth