Quote Originally Posted by Story Time View Post
...too sleepy to post...

...normally wouldn't make such an issue of this, but I like this. When I think of a paladin with a connection to a higher...entity, this is the kind of thing that I think of. A paladin's willful and non-coerced betrayal of their code -- a betrayal of their relationship with their deity -- should result in zap.

But...since it is a home-brew class for a game? I recommend using the wording, "which destroys their physical body," or possibly, "destroys their physical body and possessions." I would also add, "The templar's choice to violate their code ( and betray their deity ) must be made willfully and can not be in response to mundane coercion or other super-natural influence."

It's just an idea. The reason why I put those thoughts out there is that a character won't learn anything if their spirit is crushed. Okay, sure, it's a perfect judgement in some senses, but for a game it's more fun to role-play a character that got to go to another plane of existence for a while and learn why violating their code ( pledge / oath ) was wrong.

I comment on this for more than one reason. It'd be helpful to know just exactly what the code is. You know, is it a refusal to eat cheese on Tuesdays? If so, then zap is probably easy-ish to avoid. I'd like to recommend that some example codes be provided, probably with some flavorful text, to help the audience see and feel why zap is the appropriate response to the betrayal of the code.

...Also, that's a lot of work to make that class. Good dedication. Keep refining it.
Thanks for not lambasting the code's severity in punishment, i edited when continued assault against it made me check it over to ensure it is the specific trigger i wanted, which it wasnt. the soul irradication is intentional though, as i defined this paladin replacement so loosely that the code should be rather sever in its implication.

asto the code, it has to be defined on a Templar by Templar basis, for instance, a CG Templar of Love must not commit an act of pure hatred (although this can be bent, as they can hate some dude who wants to blow up the world. "I like the world, its where i keep my stuff").
An LE Templar of Tyranny can not yield leadership unless those they yield to are more powerful, and they will be destroyed for showing an act of mercy off the battlefield, as on the battlefield, letting his enemies live would allow him to oppress them later.