While alignment is objective in D&D 'verse, I don't think that's the end of the discussion there. Sure, a character's efforts, motives, ends, worldview and justifications play a role just as important as the actual tangible consequences of his actions (i.e. how Roy is "trying, which is worth something").

But while this is nice fluff, the crunch is that of hard alignments. Which I intend to change with these new character aspects right here:

Self-Justification: If you have a base Int score of 16 or higher, you may take levels in any class ignoring the alignment restrictions.

If you have a base Int score of 20 or higher, you may ignore any code of conduct imposed by any of your classes, and all multiclass restrictions.

Pragmatism: If you have a base Wis score of 18 or higher, you may cast spells with alignment descriptors that are opposed to your alignment.

If you have a base Wis score of 22 or higher, you may remove the alignment descriptors of your spells entirely. Also, you do not receive negative levels from wielding aligned weapons opposed to your alignment.

Malleable Personality: If you have a base Cha score of 20 or higher, you may treat yourself as being 1 step away from your actual alignment when faced with all effects that are based on alignment, except for wielding aligned weapons (i.e. Detect X, Protection Against X, X Word, Dictum, Unholy Blight etc.).

If you have a base Cha score of 24 or higher, you may treat yourself as being of any alignment when faced with all effects that are based on alignment, except for wielding aligned weapons.

Self Righteousness: If you have a base score in all your mental stats of 18 or higher, you may Atone yourself once per week. There is no XP cost.