View Single Post

Thread: [Nexus] Inside 44

1. - Top - End - #500
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 44

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    ((Apologies about the delay between this post and the last. This was surprisingly difficult to type up, for some reason or other.))

[Inside Warehouse Raid]

In the notebook is nothing more noteworthy than a simple image. A detailed image worth more than a thousand words to the perceptive scholar, no less. It appears to be a chart of some sort. A map, for lack of fancier words. It appears to be a map of a subsection of the Red Zone whose residents have devoted their lives to the service of a peculiar goddess of vengeance. Perhaps she is planning some sort of campaign against this divinity or something? Now is not the time reserved for speculation yet. Now is the time for action! That is what the bright blue explosions ripping through a detached shack on the property belonging to the factory would suggest, anyway!

The factory is extremely boring and all too normal on the outside, so I won't go into much depth on it.

Too bad about the damage done to the vehicle, though. It looked really cool before Percilia made the mistake of putting a new driver behind the wheel.
    Well, Raennall, codename Tempest, told Percilia that she didn’t know how to drive. Percilia has only herself to blame for any destruction :-P

Speaking of distruction…

After taking a moment to engrave the contents of the chart into her near-eidetic memory, Lady Raennall noted that the time was correct and revved the engine, then accelerated toward a weak point in the warehouse wall. She chose a spot that her preliminary surveillance of the warehouse that the team met in informed her was least likely to contain any structural supports and most likely to cave easily.

If all went to plan, she and Dipsnig are likely bursting through the factory wall within a second after the initial blue blast at the shack, leaving the enemy no time to recover from the initial shock of hearing one explosion before being met with a huge vehicle ramming into their base.

………………

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Dave's Free Clinic
    She'll see that Dave is trying to jumpstart his heart.
    "C'mon kid! C'mon!"
    Glancing at Wes he gives a sigh of relief.
    [COLOR="Sienna"]"I need you to get the Defibilators! I'd grab them but I can't take a second away from this!"
    Westlanna is the picture of efficiency. In moments she has wheeled in the crash cart and has the pads of the defibrillators set to shock the kid.

“Ready, Sir, clear out.” She tells him. She doesn’t want to shock the doctor too.

--------------

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Granola Street]

Who says that nine tails is the limit?

Maybe ten just hasn't ever been reached before? That or the old story about a Huldra that devours 1000 souls becoming human again might be true. Who knows!

Anywho! Freddy would really love to have fun. In fact, he could probably have a ton of fun if he started exploring his new nature rather than sulking about it. But that ache of his hollow heart keeps reminding him of what he lost...

And that makes him blue...

Eerr...

Well.

He's a Huldra.

So he's always blue. Like the color. As opposed to blue as in sad.

ANYWAY!

He replies to Joy's first comment with a foxy grin. "I managed to keep my soul at least. Which makes me think the Emperor has some kind of plan for me. I can take comfort in that."

He then offers his best bow! Which again, looks rather silly coming from a fox. Despite this he does his best to look as dapper as possible! This woman's mood is contagious and he's going to do his best not to get her down! "Fredrick will do, lady Joy. It's my please to meet your acquaintance. And if you'll allow it-"

He then reaches around with one of his vaguely flame-like tails, the end of it taking on an almost claw-like appearance and he reaches down his own throat and-!

Pulls out a little teeny tiny ember of normal colored fire. Sparks of blue are cast from it, though otherwise it looks like a tongue of fire one might see on a candle.

"I believe this is yours!" that foxy grin grows a little wider! "Ha! I wasn't even sure if I could do that or not! I suppose it was worth giving it a try then!"
    His happy and dapper looks leave her struggling to hold back a squeal. She wants to run up and hug his neck like this but she isn’t three years old, so it wouldn’t be half as cute, and sadly this dapper fox will nom on her memories if she touches him. Instead she ends up biting her lip to hold in all that girly energy while her smile pulls up the corners of her mouth until it hurts.

“For me?” She asks, as her eyebrows shoot up in surprise when he holds out the little tongue of fire to her. “What is it?” She steps closer, gently extending her fingers to graze the very tip of the flame.

………………….

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Well, they're quite cool with that; they've got her penned up in a relatively small area and they'll see her if she tries to escape. Dragan takes this opportunity to shout: You're surrounded and you can't escape! Come out! He doesn't expect her to listen, but it's worth a try. After issuing a cry, he will hop over the fence and immediately begin to look around, shining his flashlight everywhere.
    Anatolij keeps waiting for Dragan to flush the fugitive out. Then he'll catch her.
    There is no reply to Dragan’s shout. This gal is playing hide and seek with them, and she seems to be very good at hiding in the dark.

Dragan will be presented with the option of which area to investigate first. The majority of the backyard is open, a few quick sweeps of his light will reveal that she isn’t out on the lawn.

That leaves the shed, and the narrow space between the shed and the garage, or the house and the deck. From a distance dark lumps can be seen in both locations. There is a line of lumps between the shed and the garage, a likely place for a line of garbage cans. Under the deck there is the door to the walk-out basement of the house and beside that a few more lumps that look like possible storage boxes under a tarp. Then the stairs cross the open space beneath the deck on their way up to the wooden platform above. There are several lumps up on the deck, a likely place for patio furniture and one lump has the outline of a grill. To see what anything is, he’ll have to move closer and investigate.
    Last edited by LadyOfWar; 2012-04-27 at 03:35 PM. Reason: corrected quote tags
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)