Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
Out of interest (and from the title) what is people's personal Fanon?

For example, I have in mine that bearing the Elements will, eventually, turn the Mane Six into alicorns themselves (which was inspired by one fic that had them, essentially, being immortal).

Stuff like that.
This is going to take awhile; I’ve amassed a collection of fanon sufficient to write at least 4-5 fanfics (listed in order of sane to ponysane):
Lyra and Bon Bon are married

Dinky is Derpy’s daughter; The mare seen with Dinky during the Sisterhoof Social is Dinky’s foalsitter. Carrot Top is Derpy’s neighbor.

Octavia and Vinyl Scratch are roommates.

Twilight comes from an extremely well-to-do Canterlot family.

Fluttershy has an unrequited crush on Big Macintosh; Big Macintosh has an unrequited crush on Twilight Sparkle.

Warning, the following fanon is particularly nuts, and formed from fanfics I may or may not write sometime in the unforeseen future, proceed at your own risk.
Spoiler
Show
Dragon’s ability to grow via greed was an ability given to them by Discord; as a result, dragon society devolved into the vicious, petty and scattered form seen today (which is more or less what Discord wanted to happen).

Princess Celestia had spent the last several generations planning for the return of the Elements of Harmony, ensuring that specific ponies were living in Ponyville (and that there was a Ponyville) when the time came for Nightmare Moon to escape.

Since she banished Nightmare Moon, Princess Celestia has taken on personal students who either had truly unique levels of talent, or had special magical talents that could become dangerous without proper guidance. Twilight Sparkle was the 30th such student.

Spike is not the only dragon in Equestria: a few of Princess Celestia’s students have had dragon assistants, and they have remained in Equestria, taking pony-form, to watch over their pony friends and family. Said dragons are led by a dragon who has been Celestia’s assistant since prior to Luna’s banishment. One of these dragons happens to be Fluttershy’s great-great-grandfather.

During his initial reign over Equestria, Discord was backed by a dangerous cult of ponies who reveled in his chaos, five of whom he personally tutored in chaos magic, rendering them immortal. Four of these students are currently imprisoned by Princess Celestial; the fifth was sealed away by Discord himself.