Quote Originally Posted by aetherialDawn View Post
I'd say this seems okay, except for three problems:
One, the Exaltation-transferred wyld dice don't make sense when applied. They either get hit with thousands of years worth of "Shapeshifting will screw you over" rendering each starting Lunar a chimaera far too quickly... Or something needs to change.
Yeah, the thought had occurred to me as well. I may just drop the transferred dice, as 90% of Lunar background storys I've see are "I survived where the rest of my life didn't" which is good enough to start out a lunar with a few dice of their own.

Two, it's too extensive in description. You're implying setting changes when this is really only mechanical; this will put off people who could have otherwise used it as a simple fix. As it's mostly a good fix, I'd rather see it used by those who like it. I especially like the dice cap changes.
Minus the Luna stuff that your'e talking about below, what's too extensive specifically?

Three, Luna isn't opposite to stability as the Wyld is. She is the envoy to the Wyld, she is the keeper of the border between stable and unstable, she decides where the chaos begins, she is not wholly native to Creation but also to the Other of Oramus - but she is not and never has been a creature of the Wyld. She oversees the borders between Creation and the Wyld; she commands the forces of the Wyld with ease as well. But she is not, herself, Wyld. She is free rather than disordered, and she is a mirror image of Creation rather than anathema to it. I simply must disagree with you on the idea of Luna being of the Wyld; she is indeed the envoy to the Wyld, and the Goddess of the Wyld insofar as Creation has one, but she is not of the Wyld itself, but of her own freedom.
You keep picking on one line in there. :P I can always say "Luna is the force of change in Creation" or just drop it entirely.

As for good points: Again, it's mechanically sound in most concerns - although the cross-Exaltation effects just plain aren't. I also, again, like the dice cap modifications. It makes Solar Bond more worthwhile too.
The attribute modifications for how forms work are also quite good. I like that a Casteless/unfixed Lunar doesn't have a 'spirit shape' - especially since nothing says I can't have a signature shape. If I choose to appear as a red-and-gold wolf, well, that's what I choose to appear as.
Yeah, dropping the cross-Exaltation dice. No need to screw them that hard.

It might be a little too open on what forms you can take; perhaps just require the animal to have actually been seen as a natural creature. That way my personal spirit shape is also still mine; anyone can see "A Wolf" but I'm the one who went out and found the red-and-gold one to copy - or perhaps made it myself with a knack as a 'signature shape' (opening up the possibility of repurchases for more such things.)
It still has to be a form natural to Creation, I noted what Knacks they automatically had.

Thanks.