Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
Of course, I think my respect for Aqualad probably took a nosedive anyway. I mean his whole "hid my father" thing kind of rings hollow when Superboy found out who his father was and didn't completely overreact, freaking Superboy. Dude had to fight for every inch of respect just to be considered a person literally from the moment he could walk, and the moment things got real for him he stopped and talked about it with everyone.
The situations aren't the same though. It was a big surprise when Superboy found out the source of his human DNA, because nobody knew about it (or did Robin know? I remember him popping up with a 'I knew' at least once...). Superboy also encountered Lex in a relatively neutral position, he may have heard Lex was a villain, but he hadn't experienced it and Lex wasn't exactly being hostile at the time.

On the other hand, Aqualad in all likely hood thought he did know who his father was. Then he, somehow, gets the bomb-shelled dropped on him that not only did Aquaman (his beloved king) lie to him about who his father was, his father was a man he's had to fight before and was attacking Atlantis (I missed a lot of the earlier episodes of Young Justice, so I didn't actually see the Black Manta episode). Aqualad's grievance isn't so much that his father is Black Manta (though that's a part of it), it's the fact the king he fought and would have died for was lying to him all his life.

Not saying that makes what he did right, but it makes his decision more understandable if there's other thing that had happened during the 5 year period.