It first came up as a point on another vs thread I've been running, (Voldemort vs Vader) as a question of how many of Vader's 501st Storm Troopers would it take to put down the Death Eaters, assuming each side was allowed access to it's respective allies.

I dismissed it since the rules of the thread clearly state this was a 1v1 match, but it got me thinking: "Wizards against Storm Troopers? Don't make me laugh, they're outnumbered 10 to 1 and the their opponents have automatic weapons. I mean, the wizarding world could hardly take on mundane forces of Earth, let alone Star Wars."

I didn't bring it up in the thread because I didn't want to start a new argument, but that is now what this thread is for.

The Setup:

Assume Voldemort was victorious at the battle of Hogwarts. He and the Death Eaters are now firmly in control of wizarding in Britain, and subsequently manage to conquer the rest of Europe (Wizarding wise that is). The Death Eaters now feel its time they turned their attention to the Muggle world, and without the ministry enforcing secrecy regulations, attacks on Muggles have increased ten fold.

How is Voldemort likely to begin his conquest of the Muggle World?

How long before Muggle Governments begin to catch on?

If it looks like things are headed towards a full scale showdown between Muggles and Wizards, who is likely to win?

Some conditions:

1) Assume that world governments have not secretly been preparing for this day. Although I would not put it past Langley or MI6 to have some sort of contingency plan (especially since the Prime Minister and we can probably assume the President have at least an inkling of what is going on), for the sake of the argument, let's assume that only they are aware and they have not been planning for a war.

2) No talk of nuclear weapons. It's just silly, if I wanted a Wizards vs Nukes thread I would have started one. No, it's more interesting to consider how Muggle Governments would go about hunting down these infiltrators and combat them on muggle terms, and nuking civlian population centers to try and kill a minority of the population is just ridiculous.