1. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: A Magical World War, or What if Voldemort had won?

The assumption here is that Voldemort has the complete 100% co-operation of every wizard alive with no dissent. I think this unlikely. The losing side of the wizarding war will no doubt attempt to assist the muggle governments. These advisors will provide the technical expertise necessary to identify wizards and neutralize them.

If this does not happen, it's only a matter of time before muggles start noticing things like shapeshifting, teleporting et al in the context of a war once the authorial plot shield is removed. Then there will be captured subjects and an area-51 research laboratory, followed by countermeasures.

Wizards individually have great power, yes, but as Rowling herself pointed out a single man with an automatic weapon is a match for a wizard in combat.

You side with the people who can teleport? I'll side with the people who have greater organization, greater numbers, and greater expertise in the military and intelligence fields. Also, Voldemort may be a genius at magic but he strikes me like a lot of geniuses -- completely at sea when it comes to human nature, which is much more important when motivating, leading, and governing humans.

I believe that Voldemort would be hard put to it to defeat the muggle world, and harder put still to completely exterminate it or rule it for any length of time.

The ultimate outcome of a general war between the wizarding community and the muggles is the utter annihilation of the wizarding community.

Side with Voldemort if you wish. I'll side with Seal Team Six.

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    Last edited by pendell; 2012-05-30 at 02:33 PM.