Quote Originally Posted by Bouregard View Post
There is a harry potter fanfic somewhere that deals with exact that problem...I can't find the link again. Was somethink with Harry being knighted.

In short: Yes wizards can terrorize muggles. But eradicate or dominate? No.

Memory charms are rendered almost useless against computers and surveilance. If you see yourself doing something you have no memory off = suspicion. Even if they execute or dominate leaders... there is something called the chain of command it's not good to loose the prime minister / a general but certainly not the end.

The hardest part for the muggles will be to find out that magic exist. Once that is established Voldie and his goons will go down hard. And just one muggleborn who tells the government everything (he can easily prove his claims with a wand) will achieve that.

What could Voldie do? First of all he needs to learn how muggles think. He needs to learn about our technology. He needs to learn that magic has weak spots. If he manages to do this then and only then he can start sort of a shadow government. Dominate leaders and let them rule the muggles.
Yeah, I just can't see Death Eaters sitting quietly and contently in a shadow government. They want to rule, openly and crush the muggles under their heal. I just don't see that happening, not when when their vastly outnumbered by a better organized and better armed force.