Quote Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
USPS is delivering the package: "Most packages mailed to United States addresses will be sent via USPS Priority Mail (2-3 day service), while packages leaving the country will get USPS Priority Mail International(listed as 6-10 days, but leave time for your country's customs process)."

The Express Mail is a fair point (I didn't go back and look at the text), however, I still find it strange that he's getting an email from usps.com given that that is the actual USPS website. It can't possibly hurt to contact USPS and make sure.
Sorry, I should have been more clear: It was shipped with USPS, but the company actually delivering the package to this person's house is not USPS. It will be some local package delivery service or the Australian postal service or something. USPS does not have employees delivering Priority Mail packages abroad, they hand it off to someone local. Therefore they would not write and say "our company courier..." etc. and the package would not be brought all the way back to San Jose, either. The e-mail address it's from is spoofed. I get stuff like this all the time that pretends to be Fedex/UPS/USPS. It is all fake. Google "Our company’s courier couldn’t deliver your parcel" and all you get is people talking about this virus they got in their e-mail. That is not a phrase used by actual USPS e-mails.

It won't hurt anyone to contact USPS, sure, but they are probably already flooded with people asking about the fake e-mails.