Quote Originally Posted by dehro View Post
try telling them this in a reasonable manner to try and at least get more time to move..and find out why this is happening.
The way this will work here is that if (IF) they decide to let me stay, I will be put on a month-to-month lease, paying an artificially inflated rent that they call "fair market value" or something like that. Basically, my rent would go up by $300, and they could still kick me out at any time for any reason. As to the why, I don't think they owe me any explanation, and the manager is one of those "Stepford" type women. Getting a straight answer out of her is like pulling teeth.

about the money..shouldn't they return you the money owed and the security deposit that you can then use elsewhere?
I am not expecting the entirety of my deposit back. It has been my experience that owning pets is like wearing a sign that says "take all my money please" to apartment complexes, regardless of how clean and non-destructive your pets actually are. Either way, though, any final charges or credits will be mailed to me within 45 days of my move-out date, so at the moment it may as well be non-existent.