Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
Sea

Looks like somebody's getting king-sized crab sticks, then, as the crab is slowly killed.

Fun fact: Whilst nobody is sure about whether or not arthropods, or invertebrates in general, feel pain as we know it, scientists have found structures that look exactly like human pain receptors in crabs.
Sea then Beach

After the victory, time is taken. The ship is rowed to the beach slowly, having lost most of it's right oars. It anchors and the lifeboats and several crew members and several men go ashore, Braun among them. In a few hours, as night approaches the crab has been broken up and is being cooked in several fires along the shore.

At the dinner, the captain stands on an overturned life boat to address his men. "Good dinner tonight, eh boys?!" he calls out to his men, and is met with cheers of adulation. "And who do you have to thank?!"

"Scimitar Braun! Scimitar Braun!" they cheer.

"Ha-ha! Don't none of you forget it! Celebrate tonight me mateys, the crab is succulent as I expected. Savor it boys, cause that's just the first taste!" The pirate captain pauses but a moment to hear the cheers of his men. "This here land is a wild one, the sea's more unforgiving than ever, but with every victory, we'll become stronger! The goddess that rules this land has made it so! Only the strong will survive! The weak are truly the damned! So I ask you, my loyal crew, are we strong?!" This is no question to his crew at all. They scream, stamp their feet, beat their chests, and brandish their weapons towards the sky to prove how strong they are. "Shout louder! Shout so the goddess hears you! Do you hear us Goddess of the Hunt!? We are strong! Tell her who we are boys! Tell her who I AM!"

"Scimitar Braun! Scimitar Braun! Scimitar Braun!"