View Single Post

Thread: Pro-Bending: The Card Game [WIP] [PEACH]

1. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Pro-Bending: The Card Game [Help Wanted]

So are stress cards beneficial?

Firebenders are your basic offensive unit. They have a wealth of low, mid, and high-power attack options, but are fairly squishy, and lack robust defenses. Their special ability is best executed when they have no Stress Cards, and they can only gain Stress Cards on a roll of 6. They are focused on hurting the other team, and need to rely on their own team to avoid damage.
    So they work better without stress cards, and they only gain them on a roll of six. This doesn't really limit or weaken them. I thought that stress cards were beneficial, representing doing well under pressure, like a waterbender.

Also, I still don't agree with adding airbenders. Oh, and I'm going to create a diagram for you to represent this:

All good ideas. As I picture it, these are the decks we'd have on the table:

Draw Pile (which could be all the bender cards together, or separate piles for each… there are pros and cons with both)
    Stress Cards
    Discard Pile (again, either a separate deck for each Bending Art, or one unified deck)

Edit: Here is the diagram
    Spoiler
    Show

Hands are not shown.
    Last edited by Madara; 2012-06-21 at 01:13 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~