Quote Originally Posted by Selinia View Post
You make a very valid point. I fell into the all-to-common trap of overvaluing Exotic weaponry without any real reason to. This is tweaked up to allow any melee weapon, and explicitly allows Spirit Shooters to get a ranged one. That said, I'd rather not get the two muddled up - letting spirit shooters have a melee device or a normal magical girl have a ranged one blurs the line between them a bit too much for my taste. If a melee MG wants to shoot, she can use a blast. If a Spirit Shooter needs to brawl, she can Strike with a mundane combat knife and a free hand. No need to go further.
Personally, I don't think that allowing evolved device to grant melee or ranged weapons for magical girls who use the opposite would be too much intermixing. There are plenty of magical girl shows where the weapon swaps between a ranged and melee form. Further, the key difference is that spirit shooters have spirit shoot while lacking limit-form, while normal magical girls have the reverse. A normal magical girl would also still need to buy ammo. The main benefits to selecting a device form counter to your build would be getting the costume bonuses to it and not needing to put away the device and draw a normal weapon of the other type (you can just change the forms).

It might also be worth noting how evolved device interacts with twinned device. Do both devices have to remain in the same form, or may one be in the evolved form and the other in the normal form?

Unrelated, spirit shooters seem to lack any support in the area of strike illuminations. While spirit shoot is nice, some illuminations to add choice effects to attacks like strikes would be useful.

I also figured I'd ask, spirit shoot notes that character abilities reducing reload time make the mote cost go down, but would this also apply to temporary reductions of reload time, such as maneuvers that make your reloading faster for a given duration? An example would be the Black Tempest maneuver.

Quote Originally Posted by Serafina View Post
The Spirit Shooter could use an option for Composite Longbows and a free Gunsmithing-feat when selecting Firearms for her device. Not necessary since it's already a powerful Archetype though.
The thing to keep in mind is that the class is designed for 3.5 which lacks composite bows and the gunsmithing feat.

Owrtho