Gwyn and The Star

Gwyn nodded, "Then sleep well Brightfire."

'Captain Eric'

'Eric' smiled, "I accept." With that he signed the contract and twenty knights found themselves transformed. All were knights who were somehow involved in the captain's scheme and were not a part of karma. Only one of them, knew the whole truth and she was outside the door.

Captain Eric emerged from the door to find Jennifer still reeling from the transformation. What had just happened to her?

'Eric' smiled cruelly, "I've just secured our most important ally yet. Come Jennifer, let us greet the king."

King Stephen

The King saw the captain of the knights walk down the stairs, he was dressed modestly, though still with enough finery to not insult the king. He bowed,

"My lord king. It is an honor for you to visit us." He doubted the king would balk at the chance to extend his borders more. And oh, would he extend them.

Spoiler
Show
Gwyn will be the one cursing the vampires with their traditional weaknesses to sunlight and such (blood is an unintended consequence) when she finally discovers what's going on. So I ask people give us time to flesh this story before dropping atom bombs on them

The Journey

Despite Sophia's objections Marren sends the two letters. Over the course of their travels the party encounters many enemies, mostly bandits, but some wandering ghouls. Sophia displays remarkable skill in each of these encounters. Difficult to believe this was the same woman who had been so horribly injured by a single ghoul.

During the travels she has let slip something of her training, with quotes that didn't exist outside of the cave she had trained in. Among other odd idiosyncracys in which she would recite a training exercise Bjor had given her before doing it.

Once, she had even been drunk, but that episode wasn't to be trusted.

Finally, after over two week's travel, the party arrived outside of Free Port.

"Thought we'd never get here."

Spoiler
Show
@mattsdelf: If you want the Cretaum convoy to arrive (only just now noticed it after a bit of back reading), just post them coming into Free Port, then I'll start responding.