Quote Originally Posted by Gnoman View Post
The parts you seemed to like are pretty much the entirety of Drawing of the Three (book two.) You may find it worthwhile to read at least that far in the series. Plot synopsis:

Spoiler
Show
Roland is on a beach where there is a series of doors. Each door leads to another where and another when. When he goes through each, he finds himselg sharing a body with another person. He eventually draws two of them into his where and when, and trains them as gunslingers.

Hmm, I'll consider it. At my current pace, I'll be finished with what's on my current list within one or two weeks. Then maybe I'll revisit the series.

I just find Stephen King's writing a bit hard to follow. It's not really engaging. He spends too much time telling me things that don't really matter, and it's just distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by pita View Post
Spoiler
Show
It's either him or Cinder, is the general consensus. Both are very viable, though I think Cinder is more awesome, dramatically speaking. Dunno how to explain the Cinder connection, but it has to do with the interest he has in Lanre, all of the help with the research, and the brutality he enjoys.

I recently read Hyperion, Fall of Hyperion, Endymion, and Rise of Endymion, and I have to say how much I love the first two. Actually, I really love Hyperion, but after reading it you kind of have to find out what's going on, so you should read Fall of Hyperion. And then get annoyed because that book only raises more questions. The Endymion books kind of almost help solve the mysteries, but only kind of almost.
Spoiler
Show
Huh, I hadn't considered the Cinder angle. That would also fit I think, but then the question is whether this is pure coincidence or not. On the one hand, it fits much more nicely into the mysterious figure image. Has Denna described her patron at all? Hmm...

I wasn't able to get Hyperion I think. Let me go check...