1. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Paladin and rogue in the same group - what's allowed and what's not?

Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    Except when it would qualify as Murder.

"Murder is an Evil act" may override "Killing a fiend is always a Good act" from BoVD.

Nonevil fiends certainly exist- in fact, WoTC statted out a fiend paladin, no less.

This would work quite well in a Sigil-centric campaign- where fiends and celestials interact relatively peacefully in the city. There, you might find them arguing, but generally you won't find them fighting each other.

Some fiends are more loose in their alignment than others- Cambion Demons, who are less human than half-fiends, but still have some human blood, have as much as 10% of their population be nonevil, according to Expedition to the Demonweb Pits.
    Why does, "murder is always evil," take precedence over, "killing fiends is always good?" Both are true aren't they? Why not the otherway around? As for half-fiends: they're also half mortal. The mortal side, and typically the lack of an evil descriptor make them exempt from my use of fiends in this disscusion. I would be comfortable with the good of the one negating the evil of the other and calling it neutral. As for sigil, the outsiders there operate peacefully because they have to, because The Lady of Pain would show everyone the door if they didn't.

I'm not familiar with cambions. Do they have the evil subtype?

Quote Originally Posted by kyoryu View Post
    Yep. A pretty minor one, though.

He could have asked the baker for the bread, too.

Again, Good people can commit Evil acts. The difference is under what circumstances they will do so, the "degree" of Evil, whether they try to atone in any way, whether they only do so as a last resort, etc.
    I can certainly see this as a chaotic act. "My freedom and wellbeing are more important than the rules." How is it evil though? No one was harmed. No one showed flagrant disrespect for life. No one was degraded. I just don't see it.
    Last edited by Kelb_Panthera; 2012-07-19 at 07:38 PM.
    I am not seaweed. That's a B.

Praise I've received
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Kelb, recently it looks like you're the Avatar of Reason in these forums, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by LTwerewolf View Post
    [...] bringing Kelb in on your side in a rules fight is like bringing Mike Tyson in on your side to fight a toddler. You can, but it's such massive overkill.
    A quick outline on building a homebrew campaign