I actually did rename the toughness score to constitution, just for the fact that even I was calling it that by mistake.
I also did end up settling on the main insect/arachnid race, a race of rhinoceros beetles who work as painters, perfume merchants, or traveling bakers.
Also, regarding Venficus as a name for the system, do you mean that latin names sound cheesy, or did you mean due to the meaning of the word veneficus(meaning poisonous, pestilent, warlock or witch)?
I'll also probably keep the archetypes called archetypes(as, at least form my understanding, an archetype is more vague then a class, correct?)
I've also switched to having more automatically gained abilities, as previously it was basically what you described, gaining levels in a class got you points from that class to spend on class features.
I was also planning on keep attributes, as the skill system is planned to be condensed compared to something such as 3.5 dnd.
I also did decide to keep humans, but there will still be a large number of non-human races, such as beetle-folk, ogres, and burly elves.