Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
Well, it looks like we've officially reached that point where people stop focusing on the comic per se and start bickering over petty things while waiting for the next one.

What was it last time? Elven military capabilities?
Yeah.

Random thought: Haley's using a really low anchor point for an archer. Yes, I did just complain about anatomy in a stick figure comic. You may all point and laugh now.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
Personally, I fail to understand how the argument "there exists a mechanical ability that doesn't account for the behavior we have seen, which doesn't need to be accounted for by an ability at all, so of course that's what's behind the ability" makes any sense.
Fuse the "competence = mechanical strength" error with reading just the title of Trap Sense, and you have it.

I didn't say the argument was correct, just that it made sense.

I'd like to revise some earlier remarks I made: although Tarquin has been walking down narrow trap-filled hallways for some time now, the remarks bringing the LG's discussion back to traps, and particularly traps that aren't merely mechanical ("It takes a booby trap to find one"), could serve as a unique trigger for T's thought processes. Add in the suitable location, and Tarquin's timely realization is, contra my previous objection, quite natural.