Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
I think this really captures what goblins are about to be honest. Goblins are stupid, stupid survivalist's who don't put a heck of a lot of thought into anything, or at least not as much as they think they do.

There is a reason goblins aren't a top player even in the world of monsterous types. They aren't as smart as Kobolds, as strong as Orcs, as vicious as Gnolls, or as defensive as lizardfolk. They are the bottom rung for a REASON.

The Viper clan is supposed to be a big deal in the goblin world, and their idea of acting smart is to kill their entire labor force with a very basic trap. This is a very good example of showing and not telling.
I would agree. The GAP's clan not fitting the stereotype is, in my opinion, natural selection in action. They are a fallen clan, meaning they have suffered heavy loss from adventurers, weaning out the really stupid, bold (same thing) and needlessly evil ones. The Viper clan is an example of a strong clan, what you get before said selection happen - although Biscuit and the Switchbeast are probably going to make up for this lack.