View Single Post

Thread: The Hobbit Film... trilogy.

1. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Hobbit Film... trilogy.

To sum up most of the opinions I have encountered, not necessarily on this forum or in this thread:

We, "the fans" are being given more of what we want.

AAAAAANNNNNGGGGGEERRRRR!
    (clear and obvious exaggeration, but only to a point)

*deep breath*
    Seriously, after all the hate from LoTR for skipping material (the outrage over Tom Bombadil was insane), now "the fans" are being given more material and they are angry.

Okay.
    I officially don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Peter Jackson is a very fortunate artist who has been given something special, the ability to take his work and really make it shine, really tell a great story, fully and completely. Moreover, one hopes that this will allow them to skip the 4-5 hour long Extended cuts, by simply making the film/s of the correct length and covering off all the content they want.

The self-entitled "fans" who feel that hollywood owes them anything, have officially ruined this for me. I was happy when I read the news. Now I'm just pissed off that so many people could turn and spit in the face of something giving them more of what they ask for.

Seriously internets? Fail.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-08-01 at 12:30 AM.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."