1. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "I trust your judgement, Vesa," Naitiri says, smiling at the Revenant briefly before turning on Wolf. She gives a knowing smile. "Really? And what will I find, if I have a look into your personal history?"
    "That depends on how good a look it is. If you just do what most employers do, you'll find out that I got in some trouble a few years back, but nothing major, and then went on to be a model student and graduate with honors from MIT, at which time I went to work for Tempest. Check a little deeper, and you'll find a perfectly valid court order sealing the records, and that all of the files are rigged to dump to a secure location and alert several government agencies if anyone who doesn't have the encryption key tries to do anything at all to them. If you actually do some investigative work at that point and find out that no-one knows who the judge whose name is on the order is, or remembers anything about a case that might fit, and launch a deeper probe, you'll hit a layer of classified military documents, all of which have similar protection to the last set.

It goes on like that, so you can take your pick of things that are reasonable to believe are true, and explain all of the other layers being in place. But if you actually get far enough, and find my real history? Nothing. Every record has been deleted and overwritten around a hundred-and-fifty times or burned, and the records of the records the same.

My personal history is just that - personal. The only people I would even consider telling are my teammates, and even they don't know at this point. But it has nothing to do with Elexxion, or that would affect my performance here, I assure you."

And then Alia realizes just what Naitiri called Iru. Wonderful. Now she knows her friend's name, despite the fact that, as she hadn't chosen to tell her yet, Vesa would probably prefer she not.

As such, she reaches out to take the Revenant's hand, squeezing it in a pattern that means 'Sorry. Private talk later?' if she's allowed to do so.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-08-09 at 09:48 AM.