Quote Originally Posted by Reluctance View Post
This page and the next. When you've been down the lonely hearts road, you start seeing these things as cliches and blowoffs.
I can't argue with that. After a while that stuff just doesn't cut it anymore and I don't have any idea what would.

(In fact, the whole comic is good. Not healthy, but honest in that adolescent way that we're not supposed to feel but that we all do.)
It's a really depressing comic, isn't it? Ah, nevermind, I'll probably check it out anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
You can frequently hear a girl who's just gone through a bad breakup or something talking about how men are pigs and they're all terrible people and deserve to die. I think both groups do it, and it's a natural tendency to generalise to the entire group rather than specifically blaming somebody you had/have strong feelings for.
I also think we ought to give people a bit of leeway right after a bad breakup (up to a certain point of course). People often say things under emotional duress that they don't really mean as a means of venting.