Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
The more I look at the game, the more I think RiM S2E is the most appropriate mechanic. And yes, they've done alot of work in the new edition.

Going to probably say no dragon characters though, unless someone can give me a really good reason why there is one catching a train from Canterlot

Speaking of Chargen, my list of NPC's is woefully short. You guys who are GM's, how do you make and then keep track of your NPC's? Do you normally stat them out, or do you write a short bio for them?
I can help! My NPC list looks like this:

Spoiler
Show
[Spring Prince] Cornelius Talmage
Male Spring Court Fairest Muse
Madly upbeat used car salesman
“Seize the day, no matter the cost”

Hans Gruber
Male Autumn Court Manikin Elemental
Hobo King
“Why make something if I’m not getting paid for it?”

Robert Cludge
Male Winter Court Gristlegrinder Ogre
Cannibal construction Worker
“I’m sure the smart folk will work it out.”

Ecetera. Gives me a simple, flavourful platform that I can leverage into more detailed personalities if the PCs take a shine to them. If the PCs ignore, kill or overlook them, then I haven't wasted a lot of work/don't need to shoehorn them into the story.

Peripheral NPCs can stay in the periphery, never becoming more than their outwards appearance would suggest (unless you decide to step them into the spotlight). Important NPCs become increasingly elaborate, with aspects of their personality discussed, revealed and explored on. This technique works decently for tabletop games (you sometimes have to think really fast if the PCs unexpectedly, say, go for a jaunt into the NPC's Astral Space) and excellently for PBPs (because you always have time to think between replies).

More examples in the NPC cabals section of Skyscraper Graveyard.