Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
who have the chiefs added that makes them worth it?
I think its more of a question of who their competition is... San Diego hasn't done much of anything for several years, the Raiders haven't done anything for a decade or more... and Denver... who knows what might happen there this year.

I'm a Denver fan... but I don't really know why any more. McDaniels was a wreck. There has been so much turn over that I don't even know the names of 3/4 of the players. They have no identity any more. Peyton Manning is a short term and expensive stop-gap measure when they should be rebuilding and grooming a long term solution.
I'm not sure what to think of the new coach either. I think he handled the whole Tebow situation horribly and it was painfully obvious that they were setting him up for failure with their play designs and play calling. I'm not a big Tebow fan, but they needed to at least give him a chance to do well, and he managed to win despite everything.
They weren't any better for the defense. It was painful how often they would be playing aggressively the whole game and right near the end go into soft-prevent style defenses and stop doing what worked for them the rest of the game.

I'm more of a fan of traditional power football with a strong mix of running and passing and an aggressive defense. I don't like teams whose idea of a run is a short pass to a running back. And every other play seems to be a long pass and they wouldn't even think about a run on 3rd and 1.

We'll see what happens with Elway helping run things. But I'm not sure how he will be as a manager.