Quote Originally Posted by Baron Faey View Post
That'd be lovely. Do you have general themes for these families yet?
Yes, actually! These are all existing organizations in my world (see my signature, its terribly unorganized, but whatever), so I'll just come up with some appropriate abilities for them.

The di Marcianos are a family with plenty of young men who stab first and ask questions later. They make their money from racketeering and coercion, and have a seemingly neverending supply of ballsy young men, each with their own ideas of where the family ought to be going. At it's head is the Don, an elderly man with nine relatively autonomous sons who fight for control of the family's affairs.

The Dimicos hold the docks and several merchant vessels, as well as having ties to many pirate ships. They are rather well-organized, and are far more civilized than the di Marcianos, despite taking "protection" money from legitimate businesses to not have inexplicable and unfortunate accidents involving pirates and fires occur to their property.

The Arbor family is actually pretty legitimate. They maintain Garden districts in each of the major cities of their home country that offers a refuge of the arts, entertainment and pleasure ranging from fine paintings to disreputable hookers, as ones tastes may be. Furthermore, they maintain a near-sacred peace within the borders of their district, where no city guards are allowed, but the patrons somehow seem to get along. They are said to have fey blood, and maintain a force of Thorns that work as bouncers and peacekeepers in the Gardens, as well as ending any venture by the other families that infringes on their monopolies.

There's also some smuggling rings in other countries, stuff like that, but those are the big ones.