View Single Post

Thread: My Little Pony LII: 525.600 Ponies!

1. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LII: 525.600 Ponies!

What would happen if Celestia didn't raise the sun?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogfather by Terry Pratchett
    “WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF YOU HADN’T SAVED HIM?
    “Yes! The sun would have risen just the same, yes?”
    NO.
    “Oh, come on. You can’t expect me to believe that. It’s an astronomical fact.”
    THE SUN WOULD NOT HAVE RISEN.
    “Really? Then what would have happened, pray?”
    A MERE BALL OF FLAMING GAS WOULD HAVE ILLUMINATED THE WORLD.”
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    I'm starting to think that Celestia is like... akin to the Queen of England. Not the true head of power, or any real sweeping ability to remake the affairs of the nation... but by golly everyone loves her and just assumes she's capable of divine acts. Because.
    I would like to comment on this and point out some flaws with the comparison on the real world side, but to I'd only end up straying into forbidden topics, so suffice it to say instead that we've seen no sign of any other form of government in Equestria which could fill the power-vacuum that would come from Celestia being a figurehead rather than the actual government.
    Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to think anti-monarchist thoughts real hard and listen to the sex pistols for a while until my mouth stops foaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    And do those do anything to non-evil entities? Some of us are on the good-axis, you know. I did not allow myself to post it in the first place, might I add.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    There are goodies among us? I'm scared....

I'm sure there are several who self-identify as such, though personally I do not even recognise the existance of any such axis as I have moved beyond the need for it.
    Though two facts remain. The most pertinent is that plenty of people have survived OFC assault. Some report no sensation, Thanqol had to check the gender penny to check the exact results after it was fired at Thanqol's groin, and there is often significant collatoral damage, despite claims that it should have no such effect.

It's almost, to the untrained eye, like it's a hideously powerful but shoddily constructed, poorly maintained, over used and thoroughly experimental piece of weapons technology, designed and employed by some kind of madman who doesn't even begin to understand the forces he is playing with and with no concern for the consequences of doing so.
    But I'm no expert.
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2012-08-28 at 12:19 PM.