Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
I hate to get involved in another argument about Tarquin - especially since it's actually reached the point where I dislike his hatedom more then his fandom - but I have to say that I think people are missing the reason why people are objecting to him knowing Drow Sign Language. It's not that it made a crucial difference in the LG's escape, or that it's implausible, or that they don't get the joke. It's the way how he's once again pulled out some never-before-mentioned ability right when he needed it. "Luckily for us, I'm well-versed in Drow sign language" even sounds like the kind of line a stereotypical 60s superhero would utter when pulling new powers out of nowhere.

...That said, it doesn't bother me much. The "Tarquin is unbeatable" argument is pretty hard to buy when he just ran for it.
Exactly. I understand all the arguments against it, but if Tarquin was unbeatable, he would have put his axe through Belkar's head and strangled Roy with one hand while catching Haley's arrows with the other.