1. - Top - End - #559
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Magic: The Gathering Thread XIV: Instant Annoying, Just Add Hexproof

Spoiler
    Show
    The mechanics should be designed to at least play well with other cards. A couple of the Detain cards can pull some amusing tricks with all the flickering we got in the last set. Which is pretty cool, since it's all in Blue and White. Scavenge plays well with self-mill. Izzet's spell-based mechanics play pretty well with Flashback, even if Overload doesn't. Populate plays well with just about every token strategy ever, so much so that it'd be difficult for it not to overlap in some places. Rakdos's mechanic pairs well with that guy that doubles +1/+1 counters.

The guilds have to work well together for an additional reason: we have to play with all of them eventually.

Edit: Also, just remembered how bad Intimidate is in a multicolored set. I guess the Korozda Guildmage is going to be a bit worse, then.

And a final note from looking; I think they reused 1 basic land art for each type from Ravnica: City of Guilds. Someone may want to check on that, but they look startlingly similar. It's always the second land by Richard Wright.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2012-09-02 at 11:43 AM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC