Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
According to my math, ZG/IE/BT/PD/PD does 1514 + 12.528% max HP DPS, while ZG/IE/BT/PD/BR does 1298 + 19.88% max HP DPS, so MBR only offers more damage when 7.352% of an enemy's max HP in magic DPS is worth more than 216 physical DPS. Before taking resistances into account, that occurs just before 3000 HP.
That's basically the same math, man, with basically the same results. The difference in numbers is probably cause I did mine by hand.

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
Frankly, the PD build is superior simply because it costs less, lifesteals more, and offers more movespeed. I'm also lazy but red pot and green pot obviously scale much better with a second PD than with MBR.
red pot obviously scales better with a second PD. By about 19 damage per second before resists.

green pot obviously scales better with a MBR. I'm just about as lazy on this one, though, so w/e.

Regardless, being 1k more expensive just isn't enough on its own to justify saying "this is bad on Kog" when considering your last offensive item. 1k isn't hugely significant compared to other considerations, such as what your opponent's survivability looks like or if you bought an early Madred's razor for dragon control.

I'll grant that it is probably a situational pick, but situational != bad, by any measure.