Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
Shining Sword watched him, then nodded. "Ah, yes. You can certainly be trusted. I believe the seal is intact, but you should investigate it and make sure. If necessary, repair it. Now, you and the descendant of Arcane Sand may proceed." With that, the ghost moved aside.

Heh. He bought it. I just hope he doesn't expect me to meddle with that seal of his or whatever.
Dawnstrider leads the way past the ghost, not commenting for a time. "Your grasp of geneaology is interesting, to say the least." Once more with the time honored 'offhand bait' line of questioning.

"All right, then! See ya around, ratties!" Blades headed down the tunnel.

"Kind of a lot of confusion goin' on in this place, isn't there! Have ya got an idea of what ya'll do down here? 'Cause these things can get kind of mixed up."
"I'll think of something. Maybe I'll start with talking. Then move on to asking. Mix it up with some pleading. And if all else fails I can rip her apart from the inside."

Beat.

"...I'm not actually going to do that."

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
"But they left to kill her master, no?" Amaya flapped her wings to hover and bring her throwing knives to her wingtips.
"I did say the problem would take care of itself, no? But think about this from my perspective; if this isn't handled very carefully, they'll boot me and come straight after you. Neither of us want that. Therefore, caution."

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Vampony Shenanigans-Into the Crypt

"Right Sandy! Take out the biggun and we got them!" Gearstride declared, ribbing Sandy with forced over confidence to mask her uncertainty on all this.

"Right now it feels like one big...blob...but maybe up towards the likes of forty----"

And suddenly the air would feel so much colder now. Even those with the natural and unnatural ability to see in the dark would find it hard pressed to find the sources of the cacophonous cackles and laughter that suddenly appeared.

"Oh ho ho..haha...haha....Eight little ponies standing in the dark, one by one out goes their spark~ Eight little ponies in need of the light, eight little ponies will die tonight~~"
Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
"Whoever is singing has a terrible voice and no song writing talent." whispered the sniper.
Daniel flips down his monocle and switches it to nightvision. When the voice speaks he just stands dumbfounded until he can form a coherent sentance past his incredulity.

"The overconfident master speaks
Unaware of the havoc we'll wreak
Eight the heroes that stand in his lair
And he mistakenly thinks he's given them a scare.

He doesn't see the truth of it
He really won't until he chokes on the bit
Uses his strongest power to overcompensate
But my warnings will be heard a little too late."
He puts all the unimpressed-laced sardonicism he can into the verse, hoping (and thinking as loud as he can) that he won't have to do a song-battle with this idiot. Which has to added benefit of emitting a sort of optimistic pulse in the style of 'Inspire Courage', but with a healthy dose of pointing out absurdity.