Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
It's like Fallout Equestria 2: Hoofington Boogaloo

The protagonist is a direct opposite of Little Pip, in that inhaling a nice lungful of Pink Cloud would probably not make it on a list of the worst things she's ever experianced. It includes things that were only mentioned hesitently in F:E (Raider habits, the fate of children) and makes it the standered backdrop of which can only become darker if you spread a healthy dose of Game Workshop-grade Grimdark (Good for the lungs) on it. Admitly, it does have interesting concepts and charecters, but eventualy they just fall flat after hearing them (the charecters) angst and get hurt to the point that you are wondering why you care.

I would suggest reading it, but droping it if it gets too dark to the point it crosses the line and becomes funny. I am still reading it, if only in hope for some pay off from hours put into reading it.
Honestly I could handle the violence. The part that really drove me crazy is how it kept trying to 'steal' credit from the original.

Here's what I mean. 'spoilers'
Spoiler
Show
Having Goldenblood behind so many of the atrocities really takes away the horror of seeing the beloved Mane 6 make understandable mistakes that lead to the apocalypse. And he does that to every single one of them. Just put all of the problems on his head instead. Really can ruin the impact it had in the original. Everything about Goldenblood drove me crazy. Seriously getting rid of him would improve the story so much because he isn't even necessary! His purpose seems to be to ruin the original story in every way possible in ways that don't make any sense and create gaping plot holes.

Also having what was happening in Hoofington being more important then the rest of the Wasteland was annoying and just flat out stupid. Then go on and explain the whole mystery star thing. The best part of the whole star thing was it's ambiguity! We didn't know if it was real or not, the characters didn't know and it was better that way! The memory orb spam was very annoying, those that weren't ruining the original were completely irrelevant. I think there was one or two that were fine but that was it.

So many little things were brought up that didn't make any sense and required the Mane 6 to go OCC. Or to ignore the original work. Like the Mega Spell "Factories" which completely ignored that ponies cast the Mega spells and didn't need to launch or build them! That was just the zebras.