Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
This is actually a fairly common phenomenon, where people, especially academically-talented girls, underplay their intelligence in school when they realise they're taking flak for it. I've seen it happen and heard about it a lot. Girls are basically told by culture/media that they're cuter when they're unthreatening and not very smart, and that no one likes dowdy, snappy intelligent women, like ugly female scientists. It makes me angry.
Yeah that especially sucks when you like and prefer intelligent partners. I have tried dating less academically inclined women and quite frankly eventually it becomes quite frustrating not being able to discuss scientific things that interest you without this vapid look of boredom appearing on your partners face.

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
Heyyy. One, totally not a curse! And two, why blame the Irish when there are Scots and Russians to blame?
Because our genetic material is about 45% Irish, 50% Norwegian and only 5% misc (that is for the men, switch the Irish and Norwegian numbers for the women). Also we were most likely settled by the irish centuries before the Vikings got here. So totally an Irish curse.

Not that your curses are that potent. Ye can't even do proper rune magic.