View Single Post

Thread: Final Fantasy

1. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    One thing was the excessive fan service. Don't get me wrong, I don't think that fan service is a strictly bad thing, but this pushed it too far. Not to mention that Yuna of all people was barely wearing any clothes. It just didn't suit her personality at all.
    While I'm not excusing the actual dress sphere character designs, as I understood the in-game fluff for the Dress Spheres, they were modelled/taken from actual people (hence why the Singer Dress Sphere held fragments of Lenne), so Yuna didn't intentionally dress as a scantily clad gunner, just that the Gunner Dress Sphere was taken from a gunner who believed in bullet proof nudity.

That said, Yuna did become more significantly easy going in the two years between X and X-2 (not having the weight of the world on your shoulders will do that), judging from the Eternal Calm video.

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Well, that entire sequence of fights, really- the
    Spoiler
    Show
    duel with Gafgarion
    is pretty rough too if your Ramza/rest of party isn't set up to deal with it. And then a few of the rougher random encounters, like the horde of Red Chocobos..
    Never mind Red Chocobos, I dreaded facing a party of Yellow Chocobos in the prequel bit since that usually resulted in a TPK.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2012-09-22 at 07:51 PM.