View Single Post

Thread: Mass Effect 3.7: "That was for Thane"

1. - Top - End - #232
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.7: "That was for Thane"

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    After respecializing my Krogan Soldier to ignore Carnage and max everything else, I still didn't do very well. I think part of it is because I used the Claymore, though. Try as I might, I can't get this thing to work. I'll pick another shotgun, although I'm not sure which one yet. Inferno Grenade is pretty amazing at making things dead, though.
    I find a great shotgun for Krogan is the Reegar Carbine. It's weight is obviously irrelevant, and your durability means you can just stand there soaking fire (even on Gold) as you melt everything in a nice cone in front of you. Also, when you break through enemy shields (which you will do extremely quickly), this forces the enemy to flinch - getting you even more free hits (or a quick reload) without taking any return fire.

If you're not meleeing regularly though (and on Gold, you probably shouldn't be), go with the Sentinel over the Soldier. Fortification gives a melee damage boost, but provides less DR than tech armor. Their Lift Grenades also hit much harder than Infernos thanks to Tech Armor's power damage boost, and can even set up or cause biotic explosions for truly massive damage on heavy targets. Lift is also a single powerful grenade rather than a cluster, so you don't have to worry as much about hitting an enemy with the whole spread to get full damage.

My Sentinel's current loadout is the Cerberus Harrier and the Reegar Carbine, both modded for damage and armor-pen (though I'm uncertain if the latter applies to the Carbine - I'll have to test it.) For gear I go with the strongest shield boost I have (currently Juggernaut III I believe), then I play him as though he were a soldier. It's pretty amusing being able to run out of cover and revive people with two Pyros on me. ("Stop whining!")
    Last edited by Psyren; 2012-09-24 at 12:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)